We are happy and somewhat sad to
announce we have retired and closed the Palace. We thank
all our clients and the people it was our pleasure to meet and
The palace was completed in 1694 by Bishop Aparicio Navarro,
a native son of Brias. He built it at the same time a large
Baroque church was being built. Borne to a wealthy family,
he was probably well educated in the ways of both politics
and religion. How else to entice the church elite and
important secular people to visit and endow his church than
with a wonderful place to stay?
The palace has been painstakingly restored to reflect its
original charm while offering amenities modern travelers require.